Thursday, February 5, 2009

getting personal.

I'm really not feeling inspired. I used to come up with 8 blog posts a day. But all my inspiration is being funnelled into Matilda (currently my alter ego) and yesterday I gave Matilda 4 plus hours of my personal time. Doing her make-up, trying to fit short hair into a pony tail and curling all the pieces that fell out. Incorporating bobby pins into each curl so that they weren't visible to the human eye. Mixing a couple of foundation colors to find one that might match my current skin tone of pale. Shaving. Yeah, Matilda shaves. Who knew? And plucking the brows. And then there was the eye shadow. Lousy eye shadow. The inventor of eye shadow is not on my list of personal heroes. And to those of you sporting it daily - you are. Kudos to you for dealing with it. And making it work.

But before the process of beautification, there was the lovely 2 hour jaunt to the store. With the 2 girls. During nap time. Who's idea was that? Matilda. I totally blame Matilda. For bobby pins, hair spray, glue for fake eyelashes, makeup wedges (which I forgot), and the crowning glory of Matilda-hood......a nude leotard with bra incorporated. You know, cause Matilda would never do a quick change in her all togethers. I tried on 4 nude leotards at Wal-Mart. (Yes, they have them. Count on Matilda to answer the most pressing questions of the day.) And all 4 were a bit tight, but I guess that's the point; to hold everything in. But instead of getting the one that was the least tight, and best fitting? I had to try my luck and go to Kohls. (None in my size. Small on top, and long and large everywhere else.) And then to Target. (No one piece leotard.) And then back to Wal-Mart where I chased down the lingerie cart as it was returning items and could not find the only one that was my size. And Ellis threw the last pack of smarties on the floor as Millie was trying to steal it from her hands, and I knew that we were through. And that's when I spotted it. At the bottom of a cart full of clothes that had yet to be sorted. And I dug through the cart and rescued it for Matilda.

All things I would never do for myself. But for Matilda? Anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHA You have such a way with words! I love it!!! I can't wait to see you in all your "gear." Make-up and all. I bet you're beautiful!