Thursday, August 13, 2009

off the drug...



One week. and 2.5 days. I've been off the sugar. None. I'm giving it one more to even out. and stop the cravings.

What drove me to such despair? Because quitting the sugar is despair. my happy is sugar. and goodness. and everything food good equals sugar.

On our recent drive to Portland, OR, I consumed 2 whole packages of sugar wafers. By myself. And I loved every second of it.

I'm also tired of my skin touching skin. I'm not talking about when a hand gently rests upon the other hand. Or when my elbow bends to scratch my back and the forearm and bicep are forced together. Oh, no. I'm talking about the skin that should not be constantly touching anything. Except clothing. And it bugs.

So I'm taking control. Trying to conquer. Because it is something I can control. And even if the joy is gone, at least I can find joy in being able to completely control something. Right?

photo via Cayusa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great job. And good luck!

I miss you!

Amanda said...

You are a better woman than I! Are you going no carbs or is it just refined sugar?

Allison Nelson said...

I hear ya, I'm a major pudgy chick right now and its killing me. At least I have a gym membership and can exercise. 7 pounds lost and counting (since June)... why can't it be 20? :) But I'd rather job and still eat sugar, so it takes me longer. Continued good luck!

Jacks said...

Allison-

I just saw you in July??? You are no where near pudgy. But great job on the exercise. I hope to add that into my plan. But I figure one mountain at a time. You know?

Nice profile pic by the way.