Tuesday, September 1, 2009

up to the task.



You know those movies where kids are raised in an environment of whimsy and joy? One where their days center around pure imagination? And the mother goes with it. Just knows what to say to take her kids away from reality and into perfection.

I know someone like that. Who can turn life into marshmallow fluffy goodness.

Sometimes I think that if I really put forth the effort. Really focused on the task, that I, too, could create a world of rainbows, lions, candy coated leaves, giant ants, and happy.

But I don't. I'm just selfish like that.


2 comments:

angee said...

I don't know what to say... Am I "up to the task," too?

CUTE CUTE shoes, by the way!

Sherry Carpet said...

i know exactly what you mean. i am always thinking of those mothers in the movies when i'm taking my usual 2 hours to wake up in the morning. those movie mothers are always up with the chickens. i would have to be in bed by 6 pm to maintain that kind of chirp. and even then i'd need a lot of diet coke. oh, well!