Wednesday, May 20, 2009

sensing something new. and old.


Tonight I spent one hour at a senior piano recital. As in high school senior. Not citizen senior. and it was perfect. in many ways. I was by myself. in the back row. and able to dip into my own thoughts without interruption.

thank you classical music. a place I don't visit as often as I should. or used to. and i was reminded of how i used to feel. intimately knowing a song, fingers running without thought. only sense. touch. eyes closing. because to play in the dark is to feel the music. and to think the feelings. loosing worry. or functional thought. living through the sense.

cathartic experience that it was. i closed my eyes and was lost. like i used to. only not playing. listening. wishing i was playing. wanting lessons and feelings again. and calm. tears began running. and i blubbered on. grateful for peace. and music. a time out. and a release.

photo via Hryck

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Glad you were able to get away and reminisce. And get a much needed break!!