Monday, April 13, 2009

sobbing nostalgic: eclipse.

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit. But as a freshman in college, I took a Jazz Dance class. And for our final we had to choreograph a song.

This is the song that I chose.

And I choregraphed it in my tiny dorm room. Where no one could see. And I cried. Puddles.

My dance involved turning. A lot. And I felt good. Inspired.

Almost enough to actually dance my emotion in front of the entire class.

But my dignity overcame the emotion and I quietly hid in the back, hoping time would run out. Which it did. And I only had to submit the written version of the dance.

And I am fortunate that it is lost. Forever.

*P.S. this video rocks!


3 comments:

Amy Mak said...

I have to admit, I just added that great song to my ipod. Running to it is almost good as a jazz dance. I really wish I could see your version - maybe at the next family reunion. I'll be sure to suggest it!

Annaca said...

I'm pretty sure this is my favorite song of all time! Plus, I second Amy's suggestion to see your routine.

Mary said...

Our high school dance squad did a routine to this. I remember sitting in the football stands, in rapture, watching them move through the emotions I was feeling.