Friday, September 26, 2008

April 3, 1992.

I kept a journal off and on from age 7 (1984) through high school. In an attempt to reminisce...understand myself....okay to come to terms with the 31 year old me, the following is a randomly chosen entry.

4/3/1992 (15 years old)

I was just reading over my journal enteries for this year. I sound stupid & boy crazy. I'm not really crazy. It is just that I feel good when I'm around guys. (I think it is because I act nicer when I'm around them!)

I didn't talk to Michael today - but I did talk to Angela alot. She is really nice. She likes Rick Humphrey & it's funny how things work out. At the track meet yesterday I felt as if Angela was paired with Rick & I with Michael. It would be cool if we double dated as soon as age 16 came along. Angela & I were talking to Rick. He said that Michael liked me! Angela was saying how cool it would be if we both double dated when we turned 16! All of a sudden Rick asked me if I skied. I said that I had been about 5 times, but I hadn't even seen snow once this year. Then Rick mentioned that Michael had taken him once. But he said it was expensive. I think that Rick was thinking of him, Angela, Michael, & me going skiing for a double date. That would be such a blast! I would feel stupid around Michael. He is a really good skier & I don't think he would want to wait for us 3 beginners. (I'm still going after my all new me goal!)

One thing I don't understand about Michael is - if their family is so rich, why does he wear not to great of clothes. He doesn't have any cute dress clothes or anything. Why not? I do kind of believe that guys with cute clothes look better! Maybe I'll get Rick to talk to him about it - I'm to embarassed to ask myself.

No comments: