Monday, September 1, 2008

making friends.


I've never been great at making friends. I'm a bit awkward, cling to those I already know, and observe/listen before jumping in. But all of that is changing. I have found a place where I can make friends without leaving the comfort of my habits. Where, you ask?

The world of blogging. That's right. I have millions of friends. Automatic friends. They need me. They want me. And I don't even have to talk to them.

I can be inspired, cry, laugh, and feel like I am intimate with a group of people. I can read all about others and know that I am a part of what's going on.

The best part? I don't have to comment to feel like I have friends. People open up to me no matter whether or not I post. You want an unconditional friend? Read a blog.

I've taken it to such a level that last week, upon finding this post, I took the bread machine out of the pantry and made bread. For the first time since we lived in our Provo apartment 8 years ago! Yes. I made bread. And it tasted good. And I'm not the only one who ate it. The other 3 did too. And liked it.

See what the blogging world can do for you?

6 comments:

Judy Tan said...

Who needs virtual friends when you have such great REAL sisters! Hey, thanks for the birthday card and birthday buck. I bought myself a 1 dollar coke from McDonald's. Happy Birthday quenchness!

amy stansel said...

Ahhhh Jackie you know I love you!!! I love reading what you are up to and thinking about!!! glad to be in touch once again.

Jacks said...

Judy - I'm so glad you got the card. And you spent your birthday money the exact way that I would have. You're awesome.

Amy - Thanks for posting. You always made/make me smile. Nice to have a connection for sure. Your kids are beautiful. And I love the name Lucy. That has been on both of my name lists.

Liz said...

Yay Jackie!! Good goin'!

Tara said...

I agree. The blogging world is a delight. :) And really, I love yours.

Tara said...

I agree. The blogging world is a delight. :) And really, I love yours.