Friday, December 19, 2008

Day 18: Preschool Christmas Concert followed by neighborhood lights

I got the bell. I even purchased fabric red ribbon (my second fabric ribbon purchase. Ever.) to keep the bell around Millie's neck. I decked the Millie-moo in red skirt, white tights, white shirt, and a fancy pantsy new grey sweater. All accessorized with said bell.

I had heard a rumor that the S man was gonna show. Millie was practicing her new catalog of Christmas songs: Jingle Bells (including the verse - not just the chorus), Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Santa (sung to the tune of Bingo), We Wish you a Merry Christmas.

Roads were snowy, traffic was bad, and I was very concerned that we weren't going to make it on time. I've never been to a preschool concert before. How would Millie get to the stage if we didn't get there until it started?

Millie was in the back seat complaining of back pains. I just chalked it up to fatigue and kept worrying about tardiness.

A block away from the school, I heard vomit. A whole lot of vomit.

Since Clin was at rehearsal, and missed our festive evening, I would like to re-enact the drive home. Enjoy.

Here I am concerned that we will not make it to the school on time. We were pretty much already late, but I was hoping everyone else was too.

Notice the action shots. Sounds of vomit. And more vomit. And then some more. A quick u-turn and we were headed home.

As I looked back, Millie was like a small bubbling fountain. She was completely still and her face and mouth didn't move but the water just kept bubbling to the top.

In an attempt to get home quickly I turned into an unfamiliar neighborhood and got lost.

Windows were rolled down and I couldn't stop talking: how are you feeling? are you too cold? are you too hot? should I roll the windows up? don't move. we're almost home (we weren't). does your stomach hurt?

And Ellis couldn't stop the talk either: Millie (while pointing). Millie. Mil-lie. Lights. Lights. Millie, lights.

So apparently it is a genetic thing. We both turn to unneccessary commentary in uncomfortable and smelly situations. At least we fulfilled our neighborhood light requirement.

And this is me waiting to turn left behind 30+ vehicles on the way home. The round trip? 1 hour 20 minutes.

And I still don't know if the S Man was a show.

5 comments:

Bradley Moss said...

Oh, my goodness! You poor thing! I so feel for you. And poor Millie too! Sorry you missed the program.

Amy said...

Those pictures are hilarious Jackie!

Anonymous said...

Oh my!!! That was HORRIBLE!! And all over her new clothes! I am so sorry! I hope she's feeling better now. -loves-

Anonymous said...

Ok. And one more thing. I HATE it, HATE it, when I'm stressed and my little one won't stop the talking in the back seat! Gotta love it!

Tara said...

The reenactment is seriously the funniest thing I've seen all day. Props! But at the same time--I'm so sorry! I hope Millie is feeling better :(